Dental Bridges in North San Diego, CA
Welcome to Dr. Rachelle Flores, DMD's dental practice. If you're looking for practical solutions to replace missing teeth and restore your smile in North San Diego, CA, you've come to the right place. Dental bridges are an excellent option for patients with one or more missing teeth, and our skilled dentist, Dr. Flores, specializes in providing high-quality dental bridge treatments.
Understanding Dental Bridges: What Are They and Why Choose Them?
Dental bridges are prosthetic devices designed to bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They consist of two main components: the pontics (artificial teeth) and abutments (the natural teeth or dental implants that support the bridge). Dental bridges offer several advantages, such as restoring proper chewing function, preventing surrounding teeth from shifting, enhancing aesthetics, and boosting self-confidence. Choosing dental bridges means choosing a long-lasting solution for your missing teeth woes.
The Types of Dental Bridges Offered in North San Diego, CA
- Traditional Dental Bridges: These bridges consist of pontics held in place by dental crowns on adjacent teeth. They are a standard and reliable option for replacing missing teeth.
- Maryland Bonded Dental Bridges: These bridges use a framework of metal or porcelain bonded to the back of adjacent teeth. They are a conservative option that preserves the natural tooth structure.
- Cantilever Dental Bridges: Suitable for cases where only one adjacent tooth is available for support, these bridges are secured on one side only.
Determining Candidacy For Dental Bridges
Before proceeding with dental bridge treatment, assessing if you are a suitable candidate is essential. Dr. Flores will conduct a thorough examination, including dental X-rays, to evaluate your oral health and determine the best course of action. Patients with healthy adjacent teeth and sufficient bone support are ideal for dental bridges.
The Dental Bridge Procedure: What to Expect?
- Initial Consultation: During your first visit, Dr. Flores will discuss your treatment goals, conduct an oral examination, and explore the different dental bridge options suitable for your case.
- Preparing Abutment Teeth: In the next appointment, the abutment teeth (supporting teeth) will be prepared by removing a small portion of enamel to make room for the dental crowns.
- Impression and Temporary Bridge: Impressions of your teeth will be taken to create a custom dental bridge. While the permanent bridge is being fabricated, a temporary bridge will be placed to protect the exposed teeth.
- Fitting the Dental Bridge: Once the permanent bridge is ready, you'll return to have it fitted, adjusted, and permanently cemented into place, restoring your smile and function.
Caring For Your Dental Bridge: Tips For Longevity
Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial to ensure the longevity of your dental bridge. Here are some tips to care for your bridge:
- Brush your teeth twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss carefully around the dental bridge and under the pontics to remove debris and plaque.
- Visit Dr. Flores regularly for check-ups and professional cleanings.
- Avoid biting on hard objects or using your teeth as tools to prevent damage to the bridge.
Dental Bridge Cost and Financing Options in North San Diego, CA
The cost of dental bridges can vary based on the type of bridge and the complexity of your case. Dr. Flores will provide a detailed treatment plan during your consultation and discuss the cost involved. We offer flexible financing options to make dental bridges affordable for our patients.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Bridges
Dental bridges can last 5 to 15 years or more, depending on your oral hygiene and overall oral health.
The dental bridge procedure is generally not painful, as local anesthesia is used during the treatment. Some patients may experience mild discomfort, which can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers.
Yes, you can eat a wide range of foods with a dental bridge. However, avoid extremely sticky or hard foods that could damage the bridge.
No, dental bridges are designed to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, ensuring a natural and aesthetically pleasing result.
Dental implants can support dental bridges, providing a stable and durable solution for missing teeth.
Schedule Your Dental Bridges Consultation in North San Diego, CA, Today!
Regain your beautiful smile and confidence with dental bridges in North San Diego, CA. Our experienced dentist, Dr. Flores, and her dedicated team are committed to providing top-notch dental care and restoring your oral health. Don't let missing teeth hold you back; Schedule your dental bridges consultation today!