Implant Crowns in San Diego, CA
You know how it can affect your self-confidence if you've lost a tooth. But did you know that it can also lead to more extensive dental problems? Implant crowns can help restore your confidence and prevent further dental issues. Come to Rachelle T. Flores, DMD Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in San Diego, CA, to find out if implant crowns are a good choice for you.
What Are Implant Crowns?
Implant crowns replace missing teeth. But, unlike a regular dental crown, which is placed on top of an existing tooth, an implant crown replaces the entire tooth structure, including the root. The crown is placed on top of a titanium screw surgically implanted into the jawbone.
Types Of Implant Crowns
There are two main dental crowns for implants: cement-retained and screw-retained.
- Cement-retained crowns are affixed to the implant using dental cement. They are usually made of porcelain or ceramic, which gives them a natural appearance that blends well with the rest of your teeth.
- Screw-retained crowns, on the other hand, are attached to the implant via a small screw. This type of crown is often used for back teeth (molars) because they are extra strong and durable.
Benefits Of Implant Crowns
Crowns are a great option for anyone missing one or several teeth. There are many benefits to choosing implant crowns, including the following:
- They look and function like natural teeth.
- They preserve oral health by preventing bone loss and gum disease.
- They are comfortable and secure.
- They allow you to eat and speak normally.
- They are an investment in your overall health and well-being.
How Long Do Dental Implant Crowns Last?
While the dental implant can last a lifetime, the crown will need to be replaced eventually. On average, a dental crown will last 10-15 years with proper care. However, in some cases, it can last even longer. We will inspect your dental crown for any wear and tear at your regular checkups. We will also make suggestions for when it should be replaced.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate for Implant Crowns?
Dental implant crowns are an excellent choice for many people looking to restore their smile. However, some people are not good candidates for this procedure.
- People who are not good candidates for dental implant crowns include those who:
- Have active gum disease
- Do not have enough bone to support the implant
- Have a history of smoking
- Have certain medical conditions that could hinder healing
Where Can I Find Implant Crowns Near Me?
Schedule your implant crowns in San Diego, CA, today at Rachelle T. Flores DMD Cosmetic & Family Dentistry! Call us at 619-234-6349 or fill out our easy-to-use form to find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure.